Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113431: Stop cursor blink after blink-cursor-bl

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113431: Stop cursor blink after blink-cursor-blinks (10), stop timers when not blinking.
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:31:11 +0200

Hello.

16 jul 2013 kl. 23:22 skrev Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:

>>  * src/keyboard.c (Qfocus_in, Qfocus_out): New static objects.
>>  (make_lispy_focus_in, make_lispy_focus_out): Declare and define.
>
> Please document this in etc/NEWS.  Many people have asked for such
> "hooks" to highlight the frame/buffer/window that has focus.

The objects, events or functions?  I thought that events in special_map was
kind of "internal", but I see switch-frame is documented.  I can document
focus-in/out in a similar way.

>> +** The blink cursor stops blinking after 10 blinks (default) on X and NS.
>
> Why not everywhere?

A non-gui Emacs has no control of the cursor, it is a property of the
underlying terminal.  Also, I don't have development environments on W32 or
msdos, nor the time or diesire to set one up.

        Jan D.