Re: released dates

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: released dates
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:01:46 +0800

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:31:59 +0900
>>> From: Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden>
>>> Cc: Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden>, address@hidden

>>> Thanks.  It is helpful.

>>>                 ^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> But, er, I realized what I really needs is not Emacs' release dates.
>>> For example, the change made for `gnus-shr-put-image' is not in
>>> Emacs 24.2 even if the ChangeLog in the trunk says as follows:
>>>
>>> 2012-02-01  Lars Ingebrigtsen  <address@hidden>
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^
>>>  * gnus-art.el (gnus-shr-put-image): Take and pass on a `flags'
>>>  parameter to allow controlling the scaling.
>
>> You probably want to run "bzr annotate" on (in this case) gnus-art.el
>> in the Emacs repository, find the bzr revision where that change was
>> made, and then compare that revision with what "bzr log -rtag:" shows.
>
> I tried "bzr annotate" for the first time.  I felt it will be more
> useful than looking for a log message and a revno in the output of
> "bzr log" (and then comparing revno-1..revno).  I have two local
> copies of Emacs, emacs/trunk and emacs/emacs-24; I verified "bzr
> annotate" done in emacs/emacs-24 shows helpful informations, too.

Or the vc-annotate command.  It creates an annotate buffer displaying
the file's text, with each line tagged with the revision number, which
has a `help-echo' property containing author and date information.  You
can browse the annotations of past revisions, view diffs or log entries.

See (info "(emacs) Old Revisions").

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/