Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk and Gnus master are fully sync'd now
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:42:59 +0200

I think I have more data which may be useful.

When I start Gnus from the Emacs trunk with the patch by David to show
why a group is resynchronized, I can see that some groups like INBOX with
no unread messages are sync'ed every time.  Typing 's' at the *Group*
buffer doesn't save anything, but if I type 'M-x gnus-group-save-newsrc'
a new .newsrc.eld file is created, and the groups do _not_ go through an
initial sync afterwards.

I think there's still a minor bug which doesn't write .newsrc.eld when it
should be written, but manually writing it has fixed the initial resync issue
for all groups for me!

--
Giorgos Keramidas; address@hidden