Re: A new name for the state of a set of frames?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A new name for the state of a set of frames?
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:41:59 +0200

> FWIW, I like "view".

I rather like it, too. I wonder whether it is a bit too generic.

> matches what it describes
> very well (if I understood your proposal correctly.)

A way to save the existing frames, serialize them, and restore them in
the same session or a later one. Like a persistent variant of a
frame-configuration, but with the emphasis in allowing it to be
successfully restored also in non-matching setups (different displays
and monitor sizes, etc.).