Re: A new name for the state of a set of frames?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: A new name for the state of a set of frames?
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 19:31:28 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> "view" is more 3D-friendly (a bit like "perspective").
>
> But IIUC Eclipse's "perspective"s are "windows-state"s, no?

Yes.

  Each Workbench window contains one or more perspectives.
  Perspectives contain views and editors and control what appears in
  certain menus and tool bars.  More than one Workbench window can
  exist on the desktop at any given time.

That's from:
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fconcepts-4.htm

Also see:
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/using-perspectives/PerspectiveArticle.html

(I just searched the web, I never used Eclipse.)

--
 Bastien