Re: A new name for the state of a set of frames?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A new name for the state of a set of frames?
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 01:39:03 +0200

> frameset/windowset sounds OK.

OK, I'll go forward with frameset and will put my index fingers into
my ears and sing loudly to fend off any other suggestions until this
is finally committed.

> It has the downside of insisting on the
> "set of frames", disregarding the fact that it doesn't actually contain
> frames whereas it does contain frame descriptions.

...and windowsets.

All in all, I think a frameset does contain frames all right, it's
just that they're feeling a bit disembodied.

> E.g. contrast with the `fileset's we have elsewhere.

I wouldn't say that a fileset "contains" files.