Re: trunk r113641: * test/automated/file-notify-tests.el (file-notify--t

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: trunk r113641: * test/automated/file-notify-tests.el (file-notify--test-remote-enabled):
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 03:12:13 -0400

Michael Albinus wrote:

> I fear this is not sufficient. This patch handles only file
> notifications which are implemented via tramp-sh.el.
>
> Yesterday, I have committed a patch which adds
> `tramp-gvfs-handle-file-notify-add-watch' (using gvfs-monitor-file to
> poll for changes on GVFS mounted directories).
>
> Maybe we rethink to introduce `file-notify-supported-p' and its
> handlers?

You'd know better than me, I was just tying to get rid of the

(ert-test-failed
   (file-notify-error "No file notification program found on /ssh:localhost:"))

from eg
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/5635144/log/raw

It succeeds in that regard.

Does it matter outside of automated testing if one gets an error?

> PS: Don't worry when I do not react next days. Tomorrow I'll start a
> bike tour, and unfortunately my companions insist on the basic rule "no
> electronic devices on board".

Good for them! :)