Re: trunk r113639: Fix typos in ChangeLogs.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: trunk r113639: Fix typos in ChangeLogs.
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 11:51:34 +0200

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> I really appreciate your effort to keep things clean. However, often you
> (must) change entries in ChangeLog, which have been inserted by
> automatic filling the lines. Shouldn't we rather adapt `change-log-mode'?

I don't think these changes can be automated.  Entries of the form

   * somefile.el (somefunc): Word
   and more words.

look better as

   * somefile.el (somefunc):
   Word and more words.

but there are cases where that's not so. It's a subjective call, so
that's why only some of us take the effort to do it (I seem to
remember Stefan said that he even has a font-locking regexp to
highlight such cases in ChangeLogs ;-).