Re: imagemagic in image-mode and image-dired-thumbnail-mode?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: imagemagic in image-mode and image-dired-thumbnail-mode?
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 17:32:06 +0200

> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:
>> Footnotes:
>> [1]  Among the more-or-less standalone libraries.  I imagine the ones
>> used by KDE and GNOME are pretty stable but bring in huge dependencies.

> The official KDE PDF viewer (Okular) uses libpoppler, which comes from
> xpdf. In my not extensive experience, it works well. Its dependency set
> is small (freetype and image libraries, mostly.)

I use evince, which also uses libpoppler, on both debian and Windows.

Evince behaves much better than acrobat reader on either platfrom: it is
faster, it uses less computer resources, it is stabler, and it
successfully prints to my 9 year old, PostScript HP Color LaserJet.

It's licensed as either GPLv2 or GPLv3.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppler_(software)