Re: bld errors alpha.gnu.org emacs-24-r3 - is it pilot error?

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: bld errors alpha.gnu.org emacs-24-r3 - is it pilot error?
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 22:05:51 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Undefined                       first referenced
>>  symbol                             in file
>> tparm                               terminfo.o
>> ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to temacs
>
> The reference is to `tparm' and it is present in `terminfo.o'.
> Looks like a bug in Emacs's autoconf or build.
>
> You might be able to work around it by installing ncurses.

Thanks for answering and the suggestion.

I do have ncurses installed.  But finally got around the problem by
installing emacs using the csw (http://www.opencsw.org/)
tools. Instead of the default IPS (Imaging Packaging System)
intall/remove tools.

Sort of like building a different partial OS over on one side, so may
be some duplication... but seemed like a good chance to get a modern
functional emacs running... it installed emacs-24.3 and seems to be in
working order.