Re: eww

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 04:10:47 +0200

John Williams <address@hidden> writes:

> As I mentioned, calling eww with my .emacs included produces an error,
> but `emacs -q` does not.  I saved the two buffers and diffed them.
> The only difference was the timestamps ("Date" and "Expires").

What two buffers are you diffing?

> But now something is different with the way the page is rendered.  When
> I previously reported this (perhaps) bug, nothing was displayed at all.
> In the intervening time I've changed my .emacs (but don't have a
> changelog, sorry) and now the DDG page is _partially_ displayed.  The
> top line of the buffer reads "https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q="; and the
> cursor is blinking on the next line.
>
> But I can't enter anything, and the text entry field is not displayed.
> The eww menu is displayed and works fine.

But if you start emacs with -Q, then everything works fine?  Then I'd
suggest trying to remove stuff from your .emacs until it starts working.

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php
  and http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2013/08/twenty-years-of-september.html