Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113747: lisp/frameset.el: Convert `frameset' to

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r113747: lisp/frameset.el: Convert `frameset' to vector and add new slots.
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 19:34:54 +0200

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> ;;;###autoload (autoload 'frameset-p "frameset"
> ;;;###autoload   "Return non-nil if OBJECT is a frameset, nil otherwise." nil)

> which has the advantage tht this code is not run when loading frameset.

OK, I'll do that.

> Or you could do it by replacing the declare-function call (in
> register.el) by a call to `autoload'.

Well, register.el is preloaded so that would make frameset-p
autoloadable in emacs -Q. But it seems cleaner to me to have this
stuff in frameset.el.

> Agreed.  I only meant to say that there's no way to do it "cleanly"
> (e.g. such that the arguments to `autoload' are constructed
> automatically from contextual information).

Ah, OK.

As for moving the frameset stuff out of register.el, I'll give it a
bit of thought tonight. I suppose it will be possible to add the arg
to the :jump-func call in a back-compatible way.