Re: zlib autoconf question

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: zlib autoconf question
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 22:28:04 +0200

>> I hope there will be an explicit configure option to enable/disable
>> zlib support, too?

> Is there a reason to have such an option? If -lz is present, I can't
> really see why anybody would want Emacs to be built without it...

Emacs may be built one one host where the shared library is present,
and the resulting binary then distributed to another host where it
isn't.

It's a common scenario with Gentoo's binary packages, and without a
configure option to suppress autodetection of the library, there's no
way to do proper tracking of dependencies.

Ulrich