Re: desktop-restore-frames

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: desktop-restore-frames
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:45:23 +0200

Il 29/07/2013 0.37, Juanma Barranquero ha scritto:
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Angelo Graziosi
<address@hidden> wrote:

I am still here... :-)

Well, *thanks*. I had a distinct impression of talking to myself... ;-)

I can add only this: once the maximizing button has been selected, in the
subsequent sessions, the frame is restored almost maximized but with the
maximizing button unselected so that one can no longer reset the frame
dimensions to the default values (a frame that looks like a square).

Yes, there's the problem already stated that I cannot detect that the
frame is really maximized (for the window manager). I think I cannot
do anything at all about this issue.

Just for completeness, I want to flag a different behavior I noticed after Cygwin GTK libraries upgrade to 3.8 [*].

With GTK 3.6 restarting Emacs produced a frame almost maximized but with the maximizing button not selected; now, with GTK 3.8, the frame just for an instant looks as before (almost maximized) but suddenly is restored to its default dimensions (almost a squared box about 40 rows x 80 columns), so that I need to re-maximize it each time. All the windows of previous sessions and buffers are restored correctly.

> Couldn't you just run emacs with '(fullscreen . fullscreen) in
> `initial-frame-alist'.

May you tell me what I need to add to the init.el file?

Thanks,
Angelo.

---
[*] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2013-08/msg00017.html