Finishing ssh session with "emacsclient -t" kills emacs daemon

From: Lluís
Subject: Finishing ssh session with "emacsclient -t" kills emacs daemon
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:44:08 +0300

I'd like to keep a daemon running on a server:

    ssh server "nohup emacs --daemon"

Then, be able to connect to it from different machines using the graphical
frontend:

    ssh -X server "nohup emacsclient -c"

The problem is that the ssh gets "stuck" after exiting emacs, and whenever I C-c
it, the daemon just dies. The same happens if I do this "manually":

    ssh -X server
    emacsclient -c
    exit

The ssh client gets stuck on the exit, and using C-c finishes the ssh session
together with the emacs daemon. If instead I use the terminal frontend,
everything works fine:

    ssh -X server
    emacsclient -t
    exit

but that's not what I want.

As a side note, using this:

    ssh server "nohup emacsclient -c"

results in the error "emacsclient: could not get terminal name".

Is there any way around the first problem?

Thanks,
  Lluis

 Tollbooth