Re: make distclean and quail

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: make distclean and quail
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:15:48 +0200

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> One way of figuring out how the downcasing happens when configure
> creates config.status is to put a line saying "set -x" at the
> beginning of configure.  This produces voluminous output, but it shows
> every evaluation result, so can be searched for when Devel becomes
> devel.

Funny thing is, if I invoke configure directly, I mean

cd nt
./msysconfig.sh ;; my args

the result is srcdir=/c/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk

Seems like it only happens when configure is run from make bootstrap.
I have a full log from a "bad" bootstrap (this very morning), but that
was before adding "set -x", alas.

FWIW, looking at the log I've noticed that, when "make bootstrap"
decides that it wants to reconfigure, the reconfiguration happens
twice.

- reconfigure
- make clean (I think)
- the autogen stuff to check for autoconf / automake
- reconfigure again.