Re: ELPA commit freeze

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ELPA commit freeze
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 22:39:40 -0400

> Similarly, plain 'git log -- packages/js2-mode' shows the old history, and
> does not include the commits from the upstream repo.

I have added the metadata of the branches I know, but have not (yet)
updated those packages to be in sync with the latest commit of
those branches.

> Then I did 'git subtree pull --prefix=packages/js2-mode <upstream>', it
> succeeded, 'git subtree push' still didn't work after that, but 'git subtree
> split ... -b js2-mode' followed by 'git co js2-mode' and 'git push'
> succeeded, pushing the whole damn elpa history to
> address@hidden:mooz/js2-mode.git.

I'd suggest you ask the "git subtree" guy why one would work while the
other didn't and why the whole elpa history got carried over to the
split tree.

> Further, I'm still not receiving notifications for commits made in
> elpa/packages/js2-mode. Should I explicitly add a "Maintainer:" header?

AFAIK noone committed to that branch (other than yourself, but the
email is not sent to the guy who did the push, since presumably he
knows about those changes already).

        Stefan