segfault with wubi library

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: segfault with wubi library
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:00:22 +0800

I've got two version of emacs on my machine -- one is the Arch package,
version 24.3-4, and the other is a git checkout (at 0e2a4d5b53b15a9).
I'm also using this wubi library, an input method for Chinese.
(http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WritingChineseWithWuBi)

One of the wubi functions lets you define your own phrases and put them
in a local file, to be read on startup. Currently, the Arch emacs
version reads this file fine, but the git version segfaults.

The file is a single sexp that looks like this:

(wubi-batch-add nil
"派出所"
"工期"
)

There are almost thirteen thousand phrase lines in there.
`wubi-batch-add' calls `wubi-add' for each phrase, which calls
`quail-defrule-internal'. I've stepped through `wubi-add' with edebug,
and the rules are added fine (as far as I had patience to go), but if I
hit `q' to escape the tracing, emacs segfaults. It also segfaults if I
just try to read the file normally. I see this on the console:

Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Backtrace:
emacs[0x812e343]
emacs[0x8115a71]
linux-gate.so.1(__kernel_sigreturn+0x0)[0xb7fdd400]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(cfree+0x26)[0xb6788fa6]
emacs[0x816a29b]
emacs[0x8183837]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Should I report this directly as a bug, and is this enough information
to go on?

Thanks!
Eric