Re: ELPA commit freeze

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ELPA commit freeze
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 00:12:34 -0400

>> You currently have duplication between Commentary: and the homepage.
>> I'm just suggesting to move that duplication from Commentary: to
>> README.md.  So duplication-wise it's no worse than what we
>> currently have.
> It would be. A README.md, if present, is expected to have Installation
> section and, basically, most of you see on the home page.
> So far, what's duplicated is mostly Usage, with some additional info added
> in Commentary.

Currently your README.md contains nothing but a pointer to the webpage.
Clearly, it's not that important to include every one of those elements.

So nothing prevents you from keeping the same pointer and simply add to
it the Commentary text (which you then remove from Commentary).
Tadaa! no more duplication than what we already have.

        Stefan

PS: I'll remove "README.md" from the list of files to consider, but
I really think it's fundamentally wrong, so it's just
a temporary measure.