Re: Patch for delete-indentation in simple.el

From: Gian Fontanilla
Subject: Re: Patch for delete-indentation in simple.el
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 06:31:11 -0700 (PDT)

Just some clarifications:

1) Should I create a separate function which does `delete-indentation' on a
region, and not change `delete-indentation' itself?

2) If the answer to 1 is yes, what name should I give it? The feature I'm
proposing is semantically closer to "join lines", rather than the inverse of
`fill-region' or `fill-paragraph', so I don't think it is correct to call it
"unfill". To further explain this, I envision this to be the inverse of a
"split" function (not `split-line') , which will split the line into several
lines based on a delimiter (whitespace by default or user specified, or can
also be fill-prefix). So a line such as

one-two-three-four

when split given the delimiter (or prefix) "-", will turn into:

one
two
three
four

Then, running "join lines" on the region should get it back to the original
line, granted that the prefix is "-"; otherwise the words will be separated by
a single whitespace when prefix is nil.

3) > please use  `use-region-p' and make the test from within the `interactive'
spec rather than inside the function itself

I can't say I understand this completely. This is assuming I am to change the
body of `delete-indentation'?

Regards,
Gian