Re: the state of the concurrency branch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: the state of the concurrency branch
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:43:49 -0600

Paul> * How do you debug?  Both Elisp code, and the C substrate.

In C it is just as easy as anything else.

For elisp, yeah, that's a problem.  There really isn't a decent way, I
think.  Just printfs.

Paul> * What are the implications of combining this with
Paul>   the Guile version of Emacs that Brad is working on?

You'd have to ask him.

Paul> * Is it governed by a --with-something-or-other
Paul>   flag at configure-time?  Would make it easier to sell,
Paul>   I expect.

It's unconditional.  If you want it to be optional, could you say why?
I don't think that would be particularly useful.

It hasn't been ported to many hosts yet.  That isn't something I can do.

Tom