Re: Can't build latest emacs on MSW + CRLF display issue

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Can't build latest emacs on MSW + CRLF display issue
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:54:17 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> On the other hand, I can't think of a single reason to _not_ remove it.
>
> The only reason is to let people have time to adapt to the change.

This only makes sense if the old method is still being updated and
supported, which it isn't. It is already incomplete.

Plus, there are pre-built binaries being supplied, so anyone who can't
adapt (for some reason) is already covered.

>> If someone turns up and wants to do 1), it will be the least of their
>> problems to first revert the commit that removed the old method.
>
> Not if they build out of the release (or release-like) tarball.

I hope we don't include an out-of-date, untested build process in the
next release. There are pre-built binaries of releases anyway, so again
I don't see the issue.