Re: the state of the concurrency branch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: the state of the concurrency branch
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 07:16:30 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Tom Tromey <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 20:50:11 -0400
>
> > What about the keyboard fd? is it selected by all threads, or just by
> > some?  If the latter, by which one(s)?
>
> Ideally, every terminal should have its own thread, I think.

My question still stands if there's only one terminal in the session.

> The current code only allows a single thread running at a time.

Really?  How does it do that?

Anyway, if that's true, threads will be much less useful than they
could be (e.g., fetching a large newsgroup while editing would be
impossible, right?).  Also, the implementation of condition variables
could be much simpler and dumber than I imagined.