Re: Bug tracker automated control server message

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Bug tracker automated control server message
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 18:06:28 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> From: David Engster <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 15:04:43 +0200
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>>
>> This is why the address@hidden address should usually go in the BCC, so
>> that people who do a wide reply do not mail the control server by
>> accident.
>
> If address@hidden goes in BCC, people will become confused about
> those weird commands at the beginning of the message.

I think those commands are pretty clear; before I learned about
address@hidden, I used to think that the bugtracker simply always
processes them. IMO the messages you get from an accidental mail to the
control server are much weirder; also, as a guideline, using BCC is
recommended in admin/notes/bugtracker.

-David