Re: managing windows in two frames

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: managing windows in two frames
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 13:24:33 -0500

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> (defun display-buffer-reuse-frame (buffer alist)
>>
>> I'd call it `display-buffer-other-frame' ("reuse" currently has the
>> connotation that a window already displays the buffer in question).
>
> Ah; I was focused on "don't create a frame", similar to
> `display-buffer-reuse-window' doesn't create a window. But you are
> correct about it implying the buffer is already shown in that frame.

However, `display-buffer-other-frame' is already defined in window.el;
it's a user-level function, so I don't think we can use that name.

`display-buffer-existing-frame' would work.

It would make sense to add `display-buffer-reuse-frame' to
display-buffer--other-frame-action, at least for my style.

--
-- Stephe