Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 12:32:21 +0300

> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:31:41 +0200
> From: Dani Moncayo <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs development discussions <address@hidden>
>
> A couple of days ago, I screwed up my build environment by mistake,
> and since currently we cannot create such environment automatically
> (with the "mingw-get" package manager), because of the
> incompatibilities you pointed out, I've had to re-create the MinGW
> environment via the "manual" method.  And I've _almost_ succeeded  :),
> but "make bootstrap" fails at some point after dumping "temacs.exe".

What versions of GCC, Binutils, MinGW runtime, and w32api do you have
installed?

> Warning: arch-independent data dir
> `%emacs_dir%/share/emacs/24.3.50/etc/': Permission denied
>
> Error: charsets directory not found:
>
> c:/msys/home/dani/emacs/build/src/%emacs_dir%/share/emacs/24.3.50/etc/charsets
>
> Emacs will not function correctly without the character map files.
>
> Please check your installation!

The %emacs_dir% part was supposed to be expanded.  If nothing else
comes up from checking the installed packages, try to run the command

  temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap

under GDB, and see why the expansion doesn't happen.