Re: There should be an option to set the display size of an image to zer

From: Marc Feeley
Subject: Re: There should be an option to set the display size of an image to zero
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:15:45 -0400

On 2013-09-17, at 12:10 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Marc Feeley <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:43:47 -0400
>> Cc: address@hidden,
>> address@hidden
>>
>> Here's a screenshot showing the type of annotation I'm trying to implement:
>>
>> http://planet.racket-lang.org/package-source/mflatt/scribble-paper.plt/2/1/planet-docs/scribble/collatz.png
>
> I don't think this is possible in Emacs at this time.
>
> But since you want the arrow to appear only when the mouse pointer
> hovers above one of the places that are involved in a relationship,
> how about highlighting those places in some way, when mouse is over
> one of them, without actually drawing an arrow?

That's a solution, but it has its problems.  For one, you can only see the
highlighted parts that are in the visible part of the buffer.  With arrows, you
can see that the arrow goes "off the window", so you get a clue that you should
follow the arrow to see what it points to.

>> But can the image in a margin overflow the margin to overlay the main text?
>> I assume not.
>
> No, it cannot.  It will be displayed entirely in the margin.

Ok.

Oh well.  I guess a web-browser solution will have to do for now.

Marc