RE: Why the change to *Messages*? [was: bug#15399...]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Why the change to *Messages*? [was: bug#15399...]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:26:02 -0700 (PDT)

> > Ah, the expected "where was the discussion" email arrives on schedule.
> > The discussion is referenced in the commit message.
>
> Oh, wunderbar.  In place of your sarcasm, why not post the commit
> message here, or provide a direct reference to the discussion?
> Why make people hunt for it?
>
> (FWIW, I can't even get to the ChangeLog file at
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/head:/src/ChangeLog?sort
> =date now, which is where the commit message is, I guess.
> It just times out.  But I'll keep trying, unless you decide to be
> helpful and post the information here.)

OK, I finally got to it:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-02/msg00135.html

And that is the same thread I referenced,from 3 years ago.

(Much of that thread does not show up here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-02/msg00078.html.
But even though the link it shows appears as already visited, the `Next
by thread' link, does add another message at the bottom of the page
(one at a time).  Odd UI - you should be able to view another whole
page of the thread, not just one message at a time.)