Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:39:26 +0200

>> I've just tried it and yes, I get the same 3 crashes
>>   Makefile:252: recipe for target `ffap.elc' failed
>>   Makefile:252: recipe for target `gnus/deuglify.elc' failed
>>   Makefile:252: recipe for target `obsolete/xesam.elc' failed
>
> Probably some other issue, but for a good measure try building from
> the source tree, i.e. in-place.

Will do, but before that I'd like to know if you need me to print some
values from the gdb session I have (see my other reply about the
backtrace).

> Are these crashes, or just failures to byte-compile with some error
> message from the byte compiler?

These are crashes.  Looking at the output of "make bootstrap", it
seems that the byte-compilation didn't barfed:

. . .
Compiling /C/msys/home/d.moncayo.melgar/emacs/emacs.git/lisp/ffap.el
Wrote c:/msys/home/d.moncayo.melgar/emacs/emacs.git/lisp/ffap.elc
Makefile:252: recipe for target `ffap.elc' failed
make[3]: *** [ffap.elc] Error 255
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/d.moncayo.melgar/emacs/build/lisp'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/d.moncayo.melgar/emacs/build/lisp'
Compiling
/C/msys/home/d.moncayo.melgar/emacs/emacs.git/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base.el
Wrote
c:/msys/home/d.moncayo.melgar/emacs/emacs.git/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base.elc
. . .

--
Dani Moncayo