Re: Generating byteswap.h on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Generating byteswap.h on Windows
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 20:55:01 +0300

> Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 08:45:22 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I thought that the recent changes to the Windows build had
> decoupled it from minor changes such as the addition of byteswap.h;
> evidently I was mistaken.

The decoupling is not 100%, although it comes close.  In addition to
nt/gnulib.mk, sometimes nt/mingw-site.cfg needs tweaking to get the
configure script DTRT for the Windows build.

> To avoid similar problems in the future, perhaps admin/merge-gnulib
> could be modified to generate nt/gnulib.mk automatically after
> lib/gnulib.mk is generated.

I don't know how to automate this, since human judgment is required to
decide whether a given addition to lib/gnulib.mk needs to be copied to
nt/gnulib.mk.  But maybe at least a message with reminder that this
should be considered would be a good thing to add to
admin/merge-gnulib.