Re: GNU Emacs-libnettle-libhogweed integration patch v1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs-libnettle-libhogweed integration patch v1
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 19:58:46 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 12:51:39 -0400
>
> Implementing an FFI would of course make it unnecessary for you (or
> anyone else) to convince me first, so I encourage you to work on the FFI
> as a first step.

It might be educational and useful for the FFI discussion to describe
the steps needed to integrate libhogweed with Emacs using libffi.  We
will then be able to compare that with the patch proposed by Ted, and
see which of the steps are one-time effort, required for providing FFI
infrastructure, and which are to be repeated for every foreign
library.  Otherwise, I fear that the discussion about FFI is not
really based on good understanding of what is involved.