Re: trunk r114545: * lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode.el: Fix recently added tes

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: trunk r114545: * lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode.el: Fix recently added tests.
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 14:29:22 +0300

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>  a = foo(j, k) -
> -  bar_tee
> +    bar_tee

Hmm, that indentation looks meaningful, and it's even close to
implementing one of the long-standing feature requests
(http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5357), but I suspect it'll go against
some established codebases.

I think we'll need a toggle here, eventually.

>  foo.
>    bar
>
> +# FIXME: is this really valid Ruby?  Isn't the newline after "foo" treated as
> +# an implicit semi-colon?
>  foo
>    .bar

It is, I guess it's the main exception to the newline termination rule.

This style is actually preferred over keeping the dot on the first line:

https://github.com/bbatsov/ruby-style-guide (search for "chained method
invocation")