Re: trunk r114545: * lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode.el: Fix recently added tes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: trunk r114545: * lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode.el: Fix recently added tests.
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:22:49 -0400

>> a = foo(j, k) -
>> -  bar_tee
>> +    bar_tee
> Hmm, that indentation looks meaningful, and it's even close to
> implementing one of the long-standing feature requests
> (http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5357),

Indeed, it's the indentation style I see in most examples.

>> +# FIXME: is this really valid Ruby?  Isn't the newline after "foo" treated
>> as
>> +# an implicit semi-colon?
>> foo
>> .bar
> It is, I guess it's the main exception to the newline termination rule.

Is the newline termination rule documented somewhere?  All I could find
was discussions about the style, but no definitive clear definition of
when a newline is treated as a semi-colon.

Anyway, you can adjust ruby-smie--implicit-semi-p to reflect the "rule".

        Stefan