run/load a lisp script before user init file

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: run/load a lisp script before user init file
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 17:24:38 +0200

Hi

My specific problem is about Emacspeak. It has a file emacspeak-setup.el and the manual says it should be loaded before user init script.

The goal is achieved by probing for a user file in a shell script (emacspeak) which later runs the command:

emacs -q -l $path/emacspeak-setup.el -l $userInitFile

It's not perfect, because -q switch causes customizing variables impossible.

The other suggestion from the manual is to append the "load" command at the top of the user script. I'm not choosing this solution, because I prepare an installer for Windows version of Emacspeak and such action would affect only one user.

After the installation the user should be able to choose whether he wants to run emacs with or without emacspeak. Having a script that runs emacs with emacspeak seems to be the right solution.

What would you advice to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Jarek