Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 22:00:43 +0300

> Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 20:42:43 +0200
> From: Jarek Czekalski <address@hidden>
>
> W dniu 10/07/2013 06:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii pisze:
> > Site init file looks like what you want. Read about it in the "Init
> > File" node of the Emacs User Manual.
>
> I read the startup procedure. However it still does not seem a clean
> approch. You suggest that I should add a line
>
> (load "emacspeak-loder")
>
> to the site-start, right? But when someone removes emacspeak from
> system, emacs will stop to load correctly. Not nice.

If that's the problem, you can detect the presence of emacspeak first,
or wrap the load in ignore-errors or some such.

IOW, this is a problem that is much easier to solve in any number of
ways.

> So should I place some multi-line code in site-start, so that it be safe
> to execute? But this is not so easy to do from installer. So this may be
> dangerous too.

I don't see why would this be dangerous, especially on Windows.
Chances of such a file to exist on Windows are nil.

> Again, does there exist any clean solution?

AFAICS, what I suggest above is clean.