web-mode.el and speed

From: Bois Francois-Xavier
Subject: web-mode.el and speed
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 21:29:42 +0200

Dear Emacsians,

I am the author of web-mode.el (http://web-mode.org) a major mode for editing web templates (html files with js/css parts, and server blocks).

The performance of this mode is good, but I would like, as a challenge, to speed up the loading of really huge HTML documents (my test file is http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/single-page.html)

I think that using a search-chars-forward (native) function could improve the performance
(search-chars-foward '(?\< ?\>))

Do you think that such a function could be useful for other modes ? Does a core developer could implement it ?

Fx