Re: web-mode.el and speed

From: Bois Francois-Xavier
Subject: Re: web-mode.el and speed
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 22:21:30 +0200

I think that a function that would not rely on regexp could improve drastically the performance.
For seconds are needed to load the html5-spec page. And most of the time is spent identifying tags. So any micro optimization can have a huge impact.

(I have previously won 20% in perfomance when I modified the tag attributes parser function to use chars instead of strings. I would have never thought that the gain would be so large)

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Bois Francois-Xavier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 21:29:42 +0200
>
> I think that using a search-chars-forward (native) function could improve
> the performance
> (search-chars-foward '(?\< ?\>))

What's wrong with skip-chars-forward?