Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file

From: Barry OReilly
Subject: Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:52:37 -0400

> emacs -q -l $path/emacspeak-setup.el -l $userInitFile
>
> It's not perfect, because -q switch causes customizing variables
> impossible.

I'm not sure what you mean. I tried 'emacs -q -l ~/.emacs.d/init.el'
and it seemed to set my customized variables correctly. I also tried
defining a defcustom in /tmp/foo.el, adding it to the
custom-set-variables form of init.el, and 'emacs -q -l /tmp/foo.el -l
~/.emacs.d/init.el'. The variable was set correctly.