Re: APL mode

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: APL mode
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 20:17:04 +0530

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Rüdiger Sonderfeld
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> I started working on some APL-mode stuff.  But I haven't gotten very far and I
> currently lack the time to continue working on it.
>
> Feel free to improve/change it:
>
> https://github.com/ruediger/apl-mode

Hi Rüdiger
Good to see someone else has interest in APL-under-emacs!

I have one general question for you: Did you try Gnu-Apl under emacs?
I personally find the xmodmap approach too invasive to be practicable
-- everything other than the emacs-apl modes stop working!  Not just
at the emacs level but even at the X level eg Alt-F2, Alt-F4 etc etc
So I feel we need to find an input-method approach which does not
disturb things too much outside the 2 buffers where its needed -- Apl
file, Apl interpreter.

--
http://www.the-magus.in
http://blog.languager.org