Re: windows build failure

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: windows build failure
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:10:29 +0300

> From: Sean Sieger <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:02:56 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>

> C:\trunk\src\emacs -Q c*.c
>
> Gives the correct result.

Great, thanks for testing.

>     Please also try the various time-related functions, such as
>     decode-time, encode-time, format-time-string, and
>     current-time-string.  This is because MinGW32 runtime 4.0 also moved
>     to using a 64-bit time_t type by default, which according to my
>     testing screws up Emacs, especially if it was built on Windows 7 and
>     then run on XP.  So for now, I forced the MinGW32 headers to use a
>     32-bit time_t type.  This needs to be thoroughly tested, though.
>
>     Thanks.
>
> Sorry, how to `try' decode-time, encode-time, format-time-string, and
> current-time-string?  I am reading *Help* on each ...

current-time-string is trivial: just call it, and see that the value
is reasonable.

format-time-string is not much harder, see its doc string.

decode-time can be tested by passing it what current-time returns, and
also the time-related info from file-attributes.

encode-time can be tested by passing it the result of decode-time.

In each case, please compare with the results of some older binary of
Emacs, as the differences could be subtle.

Thanks.