Re: about the undocumented options -psn_*

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: about the undocumented options -psn_*
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:40:52 +0200

Hello.

When started from the GUI (Dock, Finder, open), the launcher adds a -psn_hi_low
option where hi and low are numbers (hi usually 0) that form the process serial
number.  Not sure what it is used for.  If however you pass any argument to the
program, like:

% open -a Emacs --args -Q

no -psn-option is passed.

In Emacs it acts like a "started from GUI"-detector.

        Jan D.