Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:34:02 +0200

> This is all very strange, as I cannot reproduce the problem neither on
> Windows

I can't reproduce it on Windows.

> nor on GNU/Linux, no matter how I set up the dimensions of the
> terminal.  The help echo gets truncated as it should.

I'm not sure whether it's _only_ about truncation.  If you look at my
snapshot again, it seems that a tip gets somehow appended in the right
half of the echo area without clearing the left part first.  And some
lines of the menu get mirrored in the right half of the *scratch*
window.

> Please try to come up with a reproducer.

This is an uncustomized Debian terminal with a Monospace 12 font.  I
first must remove its menubar to be able to make F10 work from within
Emacs, the mouse doesn't work.  Then hitting the up and down button
repeatedly yields the symptoms.

martin