Re: [RFC] Add tty True Color support.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [RFC] Add tty True Color support.
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 22:45:51 +0300

> From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 19:24:49 +0200
>
> Some terminals support True Color (24bit RGB) values.  At least KDE's
> Konsole, st, and iTerm2 support it.  This patch makes True Color
> support available in Emacs.
>
> So far there is no reliable way to detect True Color support in
> terminals and the terminfo database lacks support.  I started a
> discussion on the ncurses mailing list[1].  So far only Konsole is
> supported by detecting the KONSOLE_DBUS_SESSION environment variable.
> But this should be replaced by a more reliable method.

Thanks.

I might be missing something, but it looks like you didn't make any
changes aimed at having display-color-cells report the correct number
of colors for this type of terminal.  If that is true, please add some
code to fix that, otherwise various parts in Emacs might behave
incorrectly; for starters, defface's that define colors based on how
many colors are available will use the wrong colors.