Re: Input for TTY menus

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Input for TTY menus
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 09:40:34 -0400

> The problem with this is that this change arbitrarily switches to the
> next menu-bar menu, which means that if you use C-b or left-arrow to
> move backwards through the menu-bar items, you will be "stuck" when
> you get to the empty menu item.  IOW, you can only move past such an
> empty menu while moving forward (C-f or right-arrow).

It's better, but still not really satisfactory.

> However, if this is deemed "good enough", I will install it.

How 'bout we fall back on a default "empty menu", instead?

> Btw, what does the non-toolkit menu do with this situation on X, when
> triggered by F10?  Doesn't it behave the same?

It might do the exact same thing, indeed, but the tty menus are much
more often used with f10 than the non-toolkit menu which is more often
used with the mouse (where this problem is not very significant).

        Stefan