Re: the state of the concurrency branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: the state of the concurrency branch
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 17:42:41 -0400

> Theoretically, it's already true on trunk that timers can run with
> different dynamic bindings each time it runs. sit-for is called from
> various places, timers can run within timers, and all can dynamically
> bind variables.

In theory you could imagine a scheme where timers inherit the dynamic
bindings that are in place when the timer is setup (or when the process
is started).
It wouldn't provide the exact same behavior we have currently, butit
might be made close enough to give the right behavior in practice in
most cases.

        Stefan