Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:17:12 +0300

> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:34:42 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  > So before we file this under "weird problem with a couple of simple
>  > work-arounds", can I please ask you to produce one last termscript --
>  > when the frame has 26 lines (i.e. the problem should not happen), when
>  > you do those same 10 keystrokes?  I'd like to make sure the commands
>  > we send to the terminal in that case are identical, except for the
>  > obvious differences due to higher window.
>
> Attached find two termscript files made with the most recent trunk:
>
> - base24.txt with a 24 lines frame
>
> - base26.txt with a 26 lines frame

Thanks.  The only differences are indeed the 2 extra lines in the menu
display, and the address of the help-echo being line 26 vs 24.  No
other differences whatsoever.

I guess this concludes this longish discussion, until and unless
someone comes up with an explanation of what we see.

Thanks again for your help in this complicated matter.