Re: Default behaviour of RET.

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Default behaviour of RET.
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:12:49 -0700

On 10/21/13 3:03 PM, chad wrote:
If there's a vote to be made, I have helped hundreds of users (mostly
MIT students) who wanted RET to do newline-and-indent by default
in programming modes. It's easy enough to change if it's not the
default, but I certainly think it's a better default.

I agree. It's not by coincidence that every other popular editing environment indents on RET. Why would you _want_ to insert a new line and not indent it?

While we're at it, can we bind C-l and C-o to more generally useful commands?