Re: Default behaviour of RET.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Default behaviour of RET.
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:02:57 -0400

> If the default binding of RET changes, please do make sure that there
> is a simple and easily accessible way of toggling this, to enable
> correct pasting of multi-line text in tty versions of Emacs.

Indeed, very good point.
So we have the following issues if we want to enable electric-indent-mode:
- C-j's default binding becomes useless.
- need for a new tty-paste command.
I recently wrote a tty-paste command (the main purpose of which was to
speed up the process rather than to avoid RET's indentation), but it
would need some polishing.  Even better would be if we could auto-detect
a "tty paste", tho this would inevitably be unreliable since the only
difference is timing.

        Stefan