command-error-function default handler

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: command-error-function default handler
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:16:08 +0200

I was adviced to use command-error-function. However despite my selective error handling I want a default error handling to be performed too. I look into keyboard.c and see that the main activity of default handler is calling print_error_message.

But how do I do that from elisp?

It would be nice if command-error-function documentation explicitly say how to install custom error handling so that default handling still occured. Or at least how to display the message in most compatible way.

The similar issue is with bell. The docs does not say how to mimic default bell.

Thanks
Jarek