Re: Is the autogen directory still needed?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Is the autogen directory still needed?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:26:27 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I'm not interested in another "can we do something to make the MS-DOS
> port suffer" discussion.

Neither am I (I never have been).

I'm just saying, that _if_ the only justification we can come up with
for the existence of the autogen/ directory is that one developer needs
a few of the files within it from time-to-time for personal use, then
IMO that's not worth keeping in the repository and updating on a
(potentially) daily basis.

(Does bzr itself even run under MS-DOS, or do you fetch the sources in
some other OS, then transfer them across to a DOS environment? If so, or
even if not, just run autogen.sh in that other OS before you switch to
DOS.)

But maybe someone else will come up with a good reason why autogen/
should continue to exist, in which case the above is irrelevant.